||* The Sullivan era at the Leeds Triennial Musical Festival, 1880-1898.
* The conducting career of Sir Arthur Sullivan, 1857-1900.
* Performance history of 19th century British Musical Theatre/Opera and its reception.
* Construction and personnel of 19th century British orchestras.
* Concert presentation at Crystal Palace, St. James’s Hall, and elsewhere.
* Women on the 19th century British Musical stage - particularly the careers of Kate Sullivan, Emily Soldene and Selina Dolaro.
* Economics of the musical profession in the late 19th century.